- Energy balance basics
GLOBAL ENERGY BALANCE NETWORK
The Global Energy Balance Network (GEBN or Network) welcomes all individuals and organizations from the public and private sectors that are dedicated to applying and advancing the science of energy balance to prevent and reduce diseases associated with inactivity, poor nutrition and obesity.
The GEBN invites members to embrace and espouse the following principles as a matter of interest in joining the Network:
- Support the science of energy balance in addressing diseases associated with inactivity, poor nutrition and obesity.
- Be grounded in sound science and evidence in identifying, implementing and evaluating innovative solutions.
- Respect ethnic, cultural and gender diversity and self-determination of people at a local level.
- Challenge the status quo and efforts that are not based on the science of energy balance.
- Help grow the Network and help raise awareness of the science of energy balance.
- Be willing to stand publicly in support of the science of energy balance by agreeing to be publicly affiliated with the Network in name and likeness.
- Help foster a community of support for the science of energy balance.
- Contribute actively to the affairs of the Network and lead or support leaders in managing the Network.